Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Cup (bucket) Runneth Over

I live with fisherman. Close to the end of winter, they start heading to stores like Gander Mountain that carry all manner of outdoorsy things and checking out every catalog we get from Bass Pro Shops (and we get alot!). They truly can't wait to get out on the water whether it be in our boat or heading to Aunt Helen's pond. They always start when it's still too cold for the fish to even be out and about, but they have fun checking out the lake and finding good spots for the near future.

Last week the fishing was finally good! Nicholas had a little cough and since they leave so early in the morning, Todd just took Brandon on Thursday and they came home with a mess of fish! Friday afternoon, he took Brandon, Nicholas, and Megan out for some fishy fun. Nicholas caught a fish and said he was all done, Megan had her pole in the water for a whole 30 seconds and was done, but they stayed on the water for the afternoon and came home happy and loaded with fish again! lol Saturday, just Todd and Brandon went out and again came home with some really nice fish. We had fish Saturday evening and froze the rest.

Brandon loves fishing as much as his dad:

Nicholas loves to watch them jump around while Todd gets them out of the live well:
The one that tried to get away ;) Do you see it in front of the bucket standing on it's nose??
A few of their big ones:
Brandon has always loved fishing. Even when he was a little guy, he would stay out there as long as Todd would. Nicholas and Megan love the idea of going with Dad, but they really don't have the patience just yet ;) Todd still takes them though and has some fun on the boat with them. They'll all have some very sweet memories of their time with dad on the lake I'm sure :)

Megan getting her pink Barbie pole ready on Friday:
Although I do not go fishing nor do I clean them (are you kidding me??) I love eating them :) I'm a very lucky girl to have such good fisherman to spoil me!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun thing for Daddy and kids! My boys are always, always begging to go down to Hoover Dam and fish but we don't even have poles! :)
    And I SO get the pink one. That would be hanging in my garage too, right by all the manly poles. Haha! GIRLS!

    Happy Fish Fun To You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! We like to fish too! I am with you though on the cleaning of them, no way, no day! Last year, Tony and Casey were cleaning a fish and it jumped off the table, with no head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin loves to fish too! The place we go in Maryland (Deep Creek) has amazing spots to fish! You guys should check it out!
    I love your pictures and your kids will always cherish those days with Daddy!

    ReplyDelete