Sunday, May 3, 2009

Snakes, Frogs, and Friends

Last Friday we went to the park with some good friends and had a wonderful time! We headed there early since it was supposed to rain that day and we got very lucky! All the critters were out loving the weather and we made it to our cars right before the first rain drop! My kids LOVE Innis Woods which at first surprised me since there isn't a playground. It took a while for me to grasp the idea that the playground isn't their favorite part. They love to explore and see what they can find! Well, there was plenty for them last Friday! Here's a few pictures:

The frog pond:

Colin almost got it! He DID catch one though.


The rock garden:
Guess what they're trying to get a good look at?
mmhmm:
There are actually two snakes there! GAH!

The Secret Garden is always a crowd pleaser. It really is so beautiful.

Some water fun in the Sister's Garden:
Jenny's kids and Brandon and Nicholas loved this bridge! Megan took one look and was like, I'll go around ;)
Jenny, thank you for braving the potentially crappy weather and inviting us along!!

4 comments:

  1. We had a great time! We'll have to go back this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we missed you guys! I do hope we get to hang out this summer, I am enjoying reading your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! Sorry we missed the fun, too. I was super bummed when I saw Jenny's photos documenting frogs and snakes and seeing your again, I just wish I would have braved the rain!
    Lack of playground...me, too!! It's always surprised me that the kids love this place because the playgrounds always seem to be the highlight. Or maybe their just the bling?? :)
    Miss you guys! We'll catch up with you all when we get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla, Angi we missed you guys too! We'll definitely have to get together this summer!

    ReplyDelete