Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Enjoying Fall

I do not ever look forward to fall. I used to when I was younger, but I haven't for a really long time. Although I'm not sure when, exactly, the change in my attitude happened, I believe I can attribute it to the fact that cold, short days follow it and the more kids we had the worse my dread of winter became. I don't think I suffer from the disorder that affects some people in the winter, but I do long for summer all winter; maybe from the first day that is noticeably shorter. I miss the warm, sunny days. And I LOVE getting up in the morning, throwing on shorts, a tee, and a pair of flip-flops and being ready for the entire day! In the winter, it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get everyone out the door only to be freezing cold. UGH! I think I live in the wrong part of the country ;)

But anyway, fall always sucks me in ;) I never look forward to it's arrival but it doesn't take me long to change my mind. I can't resist it's beauty! Gorgeous deep blue skies and trees full of color; it's just lovely.

And then this happens:




  Maybe fall's not so bad :)

1 comment: