Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Field Trip Friday

We've been inspired to get out this fall! I dread fall every year and I think the reason is that I know what's ahead for us. Fall is gorgeous but the cold, gray winter that follows just stinks. Plus, I'm just a summer person :)

Anyway, I scheduled some fun/educational things for us to do on Fridays that get us out of the house (while we still can without layers of claustrophobia-inducing coats/hats/gloves ;)). The kids have been really enjoying our little field trips as an added bonus to our Family Night. Fridays are just plain fun around here ;)

A couple of weeks ago, we headed to COSI. I haven't blogged it yet because I took a ridiculous amount of pictures and I can't seem to choose! I've decided to post as many as I want split this post up ;)

One of the reasons we went was to see the Lost Egypt exhibit. We're studying Egypt right now so I thought that would be some fun hands-on learning for them. It's no longer there. It's on their website but not actually at COSI. Confusing. And disappointing.

Another reason we went, though, was not! Adventure is back! We loved that exhibit and was very disappointed when they closed it. But it's back! And we had a great time exploring it! The kids thought it was very "Indiana Jones" ish which, of course, is exactly what it's supposed to be ;)
 Can you tell Nicky was thrilled with the songs?




 They have a big Clifford display right now. It was a big hit with Megan! She had a great time serving us all at Charlie's dad's restaurant ;)




We also caught a very cool science show right in the hallway!
No matter how many times we see this, it's still thrilling ;)

Up next: Gadgets!

No comments:

Post a Comment